Now You Know

No, by the grace of God, you will NOT plead ignorance. You will NOT testify that you never knew any better because no one ever taught you anything better. You will not plead that you were never told.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

You're a Better Man Than I Am, Gunga Din!

Here are a few brief lines from masterpieces about self-sacrifice in the service of one's fellow men:

Din! Din! Din!
You Lazarushian-leather Gunga Din!
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

From "Gunga Din" by Rudyard Kipling

I yield, yield, yield,
To the Thesean courage and grit you wield!
Tho' many say they want to slay her,
None till now have said they'd lay her,
You're a braver man than I am, Percifield!
From "Percifield" by Frank Villon

In the name of all that is good and holy, get thee over to Beautiful Atrocities and stop him from going through with this madness!

You've been told and NOW YOU KNOW.