Now You Know

No, by the grace of God, you will NOT plead ignorance. You will NOT testify that you never knew any better because no one ever taught you anything better. You will not plead that you were never told.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Seeing Red, Contemplating Cabbages and Kings

Today was an incredibly busy day and blogging has had to be put on a back burner while I attended to more pressing matters.

It certainly isn't that there is a shortage of things about which I should be blogging. In the few moments that I had to spare, there were matters about which I wanted to blog. One such matter was this:

Netherlands Hospital Euthanizes Babies

There are times when the barbarity, cruelty, stupidity and insanity of the human race fills me with such horror that I would gladly not be part of it.

Through a miasma of revulsion and disgust that had me seeing red, I thought it best if I not blog on that until I have had the opportunity to focus and allow the heat of rage to became icily cold and effective. In the meantime, I'll leave these words for you to ponder:

"Then said he unto the discliples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

Turning to other matters, I have been contemplating various things, from "sailing ships and sealing wax" to "cabbages and kings." At one point, I almost dove into the current topic making the rounds of the blogsphere concerning which books people have read more than once. I'm still ruminating and cogitating on that one. I think if I take the bait, my post will more probably be about books I have read which deserve to be read by others at least once.

If you were wondering why the posting was slight today, you've been told and NOW YOU KNOW.