Now You Know

No, by the grace of God, you will NOT plead ignorance. You will NOT testify that you never knew any better because no one ever taught you anything better. You will not plead that you were never told.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

My Thankfulness This Thanksgiving

As we who love God and are grateful for His blessings and mercies gather today to render our thanks to Him, I want to express my thankfulness for the following:

I am thankful for my health and wholeness while mindful of those who suffer from illness, disease or injury.

I am thankful for a roof over my head while mindful of those who are homeless.

I am thankful for food while mindful of those who are hungry.

I am thankful for clothes on my back and shoes on my feet while mindful of those less fortunate.

I am heartily grateful that all my needs are met, and in the abundance of God's love I have more than I need.

I am grateful for my education and for having received my Master of Arts degree this year. I am grateful for the Lord having blessed my thesis.

I am thankful for good neighbors and friends.

I am thankful for those in the military who are fighting for our security as well as the freedom of others.

I am thankful for our president.

I am thankful that I can still give thanks to God.

I hope and pray that you may be blessed and that you may have reasons for which to give thanks to the Lord our God as well.

If you also are living in the United States of America, I'm sure that you do have things for which to be grateful. Please remember to thank Him from Whom all good things come. You've been told and now you know.

P.S.
And for some lighthearted Thanksgiving humor, this piece in the Washington Post is an oldie but a goodie from Art Buchwald:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A11965-2004Nov25.html?referrer=emailarticle