Now You Know

No, by the grace of God, you will NOT plead ignorance. You will NOT testify that you never knew any better because no one ever taught you anything better. You will not plead that you were never told.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Mort Kondracke on Fox News This Afternoon - Re: Terri Schiavo

People, I am flabbergasted. Actually, in shock and appalled. This afternoon on Fox Cable News, I heard Mort Kondracke make the most unbelievable statement I have ever heard in my life. It was on the show"Special Report" with Brit Hume. It was in the segment toward the end where Brit has a roundtable discussion with Mara Liasson of National Public Radio, Fred Barnes of The Weekly Standard and Mort Kondracke of Roll Call. Mort Kondracke in the past had always impressed me as a sensible person. After today, I question his sense and his sanity. I hope that the grief from his recent loss has not permanently adversely affected his intellect. Does that sound as though I'm being too harsh? Well, wait until you hear about what he had to say.

When asked about the Terri Schiavo case, he referred to some national hospice association (I don't recall the specific name of it) and said that they informed him that dying by dehydration and starvation is not painful at all. He further said that when dying of dehydration and starvation, one's body produces ketones that put one into a state of euphoria.

I haven't been able to find an official transcript of this on-line, but I assure you that is the gist of what he said. Moreover, he did specifically refer to the ketones and their alleged effect of euphoria. I did hear that and I am not mistaken about that.

I have never heard such a crock in all my life. However, the very next time someone has the gall to ask me for so much as one measly red cent to feed the starving tsunami victims, or feed the starving Ethiopians, or feed the starving whatever, I'll be sure to tell them NO. I'll remind them that dying of starvation and dehydration is absolutely painless and on the contrary, is a blissful and euphoric way to go.

The same goes for any plea from UNICEF, any United Nations plea, and any Dementedcrat plea for aid for the starving. We have the answer that they just provided us, and I thank them. Starvation and dehydration are really good and beneficial and blissful. In fact, they bring about euphoria. Remember that the next time a Demoncrat wants more money for welfare or food stamps. Remember the ketones. Remember the euphoria.

Remember the Orwellian Duckspeak of insane and satanic monsters who did everything they could to murder Terri Schindler-Schiavo and then had the audacity to lie about it. Some people have no shame and just as many have no God. Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain is quoted as having said that man is the only animal that blushes and the only one that needs to. However, Mark Twain lived in a day when people could still blush with shame. Now no one bothers. They wear their shame like some new Red Badge of Honor.

You've been told and NOW YOU KNOW.

UPDATE: Readers, I apologize that there have been typos here lately. I'm sure there have been a lot of them. I'm tired, I'm frustrated, I'm worn out from all my other work and duties and this situation on top of it all. I ask you to bear with me.