Now You Know

No, by the grace of God, you will NOT plead ignorance. You will NOT testify that you never knew any better because no one ever taught you anything better. You will not plead that you were never told.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Sod Off, Swampy!

By now, everyone has surely heard about the 35 Greenpeace protesters in Britain who attempted "to paralyse oil trading at the exchange in the City near Tower Bridge on the day that the Kyoto Protocol came into force." If not, click on the link (the title to this post) to read the full article about the incident. The protesters summarily had the bloody piss stomped out of them and rightly so.

The best part by far, however, was this beautiful addition to the English language: ". . . on the balcony of the pub opposite the IPE, a bleary-eyed trader, pint in hand, yelled: 'Sod off, Swampy.'"

Someone needs to give that trader a medal!

If you're wondering from where the "Swampy" part of that brilliant bit of Brit invective was derived, see this article about "Swampy" fever sweeping England.

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, therefore, here's a picture of the original "Swampy."

I know I saw someone on the blogsphere who had come up with a "Sod Off, Swampy!" t-shirt, but I can't remember where I saw it. If I run across it again I'll provide a link for you. In the meantime, I do hope that some enterprising individuals will also come up with bumperstickers, buttons, and maybe even a coffee mug.

I'm definitely adding "Sod Off, Swampy!" to my list of favorite pithy expressions. I propose using it in response to all moonbats, not just environmental eco-terrorists. After all, we do refer to the "fever swamps" of the looney left, do we not? Yes, we do.

(h/t to The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler and to Samizdata.net Blog)

You've been told and NOW YOU KNOW.

Update: I found the "t-shirt" reference. It was mentioned at Tim Blair and the "t-shirt" itself can be found at The Coalition of the Swilling.

You've been told and NOW YOU KNOW even more.