Now You Know

No, by the grace of God, you will NOT plead ignorance. You will NOT testify that you never knew any better because no one ever taught you anything better. You will not plead that you were never told.

Monday, March 28, 2005

THE ORTHODOX CHURCH WEIGHS IN -- OUR ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ASKS TO BE EXCUSED TO GO USE THE POWDER ROOM

In my previous post "THE RABBIS HAVE SPOKEN! (The Bishops have mumbled something no one could quite catch.)," I pointed out the eloquent, candid and no-holds-barred statement made by the Union of Orthodox Rabbis of the United States and Canada. I stated in no uncertain terms that the Rabbis' statement far outshines the statements or lack thereof by our American bishops and the bishops of Florida.

Now, courtesy of Fr. John Whiteford's News, Comments, & Reflections, we learn that the Protopresbyter Robert Kondratick, chancellor of the Orthodox Church in America, has addressed the case of Mrs. Terri Schaivo.

Once again, our bishops are put to shame in comparison with this statement from the Orthodox Church:

". . . As such, the removal of Mrs. Schiavo from feeding tubes as a means of hastening her death can in no way be condoned or supported. Doing so constitutes a gross lack of wise stewardship of God's sacred gift of life and an extraordinary means of hastening her death by starvation. This is especially so in light of the fact that there has been no clear consensus on her level of awareness and responsiveness, that she has been and continues to breath on her own, and on numerous other factors and questions with regard to her long term prognosis. Simply stated, the removal of Mrs. Schiavo's feeding tubes is not and cannot be condoned."

God bless the Orthodox Church and may our unity one day be restored when Christ returns!

Meanwhile, the bishops of our Roman Catholic faith hemmed and hawed and basically told the Schindler family to take two aspirin and call them in the morning. Oh yeah, and say an "Our Father." And one more thing: Don't call us, we'll call you.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I told our bishops (in my previous post that I have cited and linked above) not to make me have to tell them again that their response has been lackluster and deplorably insufficient. They have made me have to tell them again.

And don't even start with me about the fact that the Vatican has issued very strongly worded and straightforth condemnations of Terri Schiavo's murder. I am well aware of that. I am not criticizing the Vatican. I am addressing the virtually non-existent and pathetically deficient statements or lack thereof by our American bishops and the bishops of Florida.

However, since so many of those same American bishops are still giving communion to known Abortionists, why should we be surprised?

I reaffirm and avow Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. There is no salvation except through Him, the one and only Messiah come in the flesh. I reaffirm my Catholic faith and my Catholic Church, which is supposed to be presented to Christ one day as his spotless bride. But right now, the namby-pamby mutterings of our less than zealous (practically apathetic) bishops, are making Christ's bride look more like an indolent and slothful charwoman who can't even be roused when the house is on fire.

For shame! And don't anyone dare give me any guff for having said so. I may be nothing but a lowly mongrel dog, a mutt of no breeding, but if so, at least I am a dog that barks and says, "Master, WAKE UP! The house is on fire."

You've been told and NOW YOU KNOW.